New central air conditioner installation in Selwyn
With summers seemingly getting hotter and lasting longer, the ability for homeowners to slug through without air conditioning is becoming much less dependable. As a result, we are seeing more and more customers opt in to add central air conditioning to their existing forced air heating systems.
This was the case with a recent customer of ours in Selwyn, Ontario, just 20 minutes from our office outside of Peterborough here in Fraserville, Ontario.
Selwyn central air conditioner installation details
When it comes to installing a new central air conditioner, there are several important details to consider. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you understand the installation process:
- Perform a load calculation: The first step was to determine the cooling load requirements of the home. This calculation takes into account factors such as the size of the house, insulation, window types, and local climate.
- Choosing the right equipment: Once the cooling load calculation was complete, we were able select the appropriate central air conditioner for the homeowner, considering factors such as energy efficiency, brand reputation, and warranty coverage.
- Prepare the installation area: We start by assessing the installation area, typically the outdoor space, where the condenser unit will be placed. The area should be clear of obstructions, debris, and vegetation. Additionally, we like to ensure there is proper access for maintenance and repairs.
- Install the indoor components: The installation process begins indoors with the placement of the evaporator coil. This unit is typically installed above the existing furnace in between the air flow supply from the furnace and the duct work of the home. We then installed the necessary electrical connections and thermostat for the new air conditioner.
- Install the outdoor unit: The condenser unit is installed outside the house, usually on a concrete pad or on metal brackets. After placing it, we ensured that the unit was level and secure. We then connected the refrigerant lines, power disconnect and electrical wiring to the outdoor unit.
- Connect the components: The indoor and outdoor units are connected through refrigerant lines, which carry the refrigerant back and forth. We carefully connect these lines, ensuring there are no leaks. We finish by connecting the electrical wiring to the breaker panel and test the system for proper functioning.
- Insulate and seal: To maximize efficiency and prevent air leaks, we insulate the refrigerant lines and seal any gaps or openings in the ductwork.
- Test and commission: Once the installation is complete, we thoroughly test the system to ensure it is functioning correctly. We check for proper airflow, cooling capacity, and thermostat functionality. We also perform a refrigerant charge test to ensure the correct amount of refrigerant is present.
- Provide maintenance guidelines: Finally, we provide the homeowner with maintenance guidelines and instructions on how to care for their new central air conditioner. It’s important to follow these recommendations to keep your system running efficiently and prolong its lifespan.
Remember, central air conditioner installation is a complex process that requires technical expertise. It’s best to hire a licensed and experienced HVAC professional, like those at Doyle Home Services, to ensure the installation is done correctly and safely. Contact us today to get your free estimate.
Get in Touch With Doyle Home Services Today!
Thanks so much for sending Jason and Dan for this task. Both were capable and courteous and completed the job in short order.
— Al, Peterborough, ON
Just wanted to let you know that Kirk was at my home to correct a glitch with our tankless water heater - gotta' say, couldn't be happier.
— Mac & Diane, Peterborough, ON
Doyle sent two plumbers to my house to fix a leak in my kitchen. The best work I’ve ever seen, professional and courteous.
— Charles, Durham, ON
We had Doyle’s come to fix our furnace. The office staff are great, the guys work long hours so people like us have heat and don’t freeze!
— Debbie, Peterborough, ON
I’ve struggled with my air conditioning unit at my business for 5 years. The guys at Doyle were helpful and brainstormed several solutions. In the end, they fixed it!
— Becki, Cobourg, ON
AMAZING service… Starting with the first visit when the quote was provided to the QUICK follow up and scheduling of my appointment. Great work.
— Jeffery, Oshawa, ON
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.