Hot water tank install in Hampton
Being proactive has its benefits
Having a hot shower at the end of a long day is a luxury you probably take for granted, but when that’s not an option you would certainly notice. Most of us have easy access to hot water and probably don’t give any thought to how it gets to us. But when we don’t have it any more that is a totally different story! Typically, the lifespan of a water heater is around 10 years. After that it would be time to consider a new hot water tank install. Waiting for something to go wrong can put you in the position of going without hot water and potentially having to spend a large amount money at a time when you are not prepared to do so.
New, bright and shiny water heater
This job took us to the hamlet of Hampton just west of Bowmanville. The customer had us at their home a few months back. While there our plumber noticed that the hot water tank was getting close to the end of its life span and provided the customer with a quote to put in a new John Wood 40 gallon hot water heater. After some consideration the customer called us back to accept the quote and we scheduled a time to come do a new hot water tank install. We also opted to install a Watts OneFlow® system on the water heater to prevent scale build-up. Here is how it went:
- We started by turning off the electricity to the hot water tank
- Next, we drained the old hot water tank
- Detached the current hot water tank and removed it
- Brought in the new hot water heater and put it in place
- Connected the valve to the supply line
- Attached the appropriate fittings to the cold-water inlet and the hot-water outlet
- Connected the supply lines to the water heater
- Connected the electrical supply to the equipment
- Installed a Watts OneFlow® system
- Set the hot water temperature to the appropriate level
- Turned power back on to the unit
- Tested everything to ensure all was running smoothly
And that is all there is to it. If you are wondering about whether or not you should replace your current hot water heater, give us a call to discuss your options.
Contact Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.