Municipalities in the Peterborough area and Durham Region require commercial/industrial facilities to maintain and install backflow prevention measures. Doyle Plumbing’s licensed plumbers are certified to professionally complete backflow testing and document the required tests with your municipality. A backflow preventer device (or check valve) will isolate the municipal water supply from the private water system in order to keep the water supply safe.
Professional Backflow Prevention Testing & Certification
- Certificate of Achievement in Cross Connection Control endorsed by the Ontario Water Works Association (OWWA)
- Cross Connection Control Specialist (CCCS) course offered by the OWWA
- We own and maintain NIST-certified testing equipment.
Our Services Include:
- Fully licensed backflow prevention testing
- Installation of a new backflow preventer or flow-control valve
- Provide backflow preventer certification to an existing installation
- Provide approved certification documents to municipalities
Why do I need backflow prevention?
Backflow is the undesired reversal of water flow between the city’s supply and a private system. Backflow can cause contaminants to enter into the drinking water supply system and plumbing. The two causes for backflow are back-pressure and back-siphonage.
Contact us today to learn more or book a licensed plumber.