New well lid and well tile installation
Great news, you qualify for a well upgrade
The proper installation of a well as a source of drinking water is an important consideration. So much so that the Ministry of the Environment (MOE) sets strick guidelines as to how the installation needs to be approached. These guidelines include designation of the required components and their minimum specifications, required depths and diameters over the entire structure and the appropriate fill materials needed to complete the job. All of these requirements are put into place to prevent contamination of the well water from outside sources like surface water runoff. Luckily, our staff of certified well technicians are fluent in all of the required codes and guidelines set forth by the government.
Raising the grade (with a new well lid and tile)
Today's well upgrade project brought us out to Trenton, Ontario, just West of Belleville and Southeast of Peterborough. Our mission, to install a new well tile and well lid and bring the well to code. Here are the details of what transpired:
- Excavated around the existing well head
- Levelled the base of the dig to ensure proper seating of the new well tile
- Positioned the new well tile into place
- Ensured a 16 inch clearance of the well tile above grade to comply with Ministry of the Environment guidelines to help prevent against contamination of the well from surface water runoff
- Backfilled around the new tile with a bentonite slurry as prescribed by MOE requirements
- Built up a sloped mound around the circumference of the tile to further promote surface water flow away from the well
- Afixed the new well lid over the new tile
Upgrade complete. Specialized knowledge, specialized equipment, professionally executed. If you are in need of a well upgrade or simply have questions about your existing well, contact us today and let's see how we can be of service.
Contact Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.