New WellMate pressure tank exterior installation
They come in all shapes and sizes (pressure tanks that is)
Most of us have a desire to have things look nice and tidy, especially when it comes to our homes and our properties. Sometimes that means using coverings to help things blend into the landscape in a more aesthetically pleasing manner. Now, if you have the skills, then things become much easier to accomplish when they're made to measure. Unfortunately, for the majority of us this just simply isn't in the cards. As a result, we are relegated into having to purchase pre-fabricated housings in order to achieve our goals. This is exactly what we ran into with this new exterior pressure tank installation project we just completed.
Short and stout, just my type (of pressure tank that is)
For this project, we met with some proud homeowners in Minden, Ontario, just north of Kinmount and south of Carnarvon. They had just purchased a lovely pre-fabricated covering to be placed over their outdoor well pressure tank that needed to be replaced. Luckily, we offer a wide selection of pressure tank sizes which allowed us to accomplish the task. So here's how things transpired:
- We first sourced the perfect size WellMate pressure tank for the job.
- We then disconnected and removed the old well pressure tank and the old fittings.
- We placed the new pre-fabricated housing in place and drilled the appropriate access holes.
- We placed the new tank into place and prepped it for installation.
- We then installed a 10" tank T fitting to the tank.
- We then threaded a drain valve to the T.
- The next step was to thread a pressure relief valve to the T.
- Next, we installed a pressure gauge just above the drain valve.
- We then inserted a quarter inch plug above the pressure relief valve.
- We next attached two female line adaptors to each side of the T, one for the water going to the house and the other for the supply from the well.
- We then checked the pressure of the tank to ensure the proper level.
- We also connected a new control box and wired it to the power supply and then to the submersible pump located int the well.
And there you have it, brand new equipment, invisible from the street. If you need help with your well delivery system, give us a call.
Contact Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.