Silent, Odorless and in your house?
Radon Gas Is a colourless, odorless, radioactive gas that occurs naturally from the decay of radioactive elements found in rock and soil.
Radon Gas Is released from the ground into outdoor air and is immediately diluted so it is not a concern. However, in enclosed spaces, like homes, it can accumulate and cause health problems for you and your family.
Radon Gas gets in your home through fittings, well water, sump pumps, cracks in foundation and windows at or below ground level.
Radon Gas can cause lung cancer, leukemia, asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia.
Radon Gas has been found throughout Canada and yes, even locally within Peterborough, the Kawartha Lakes and Durham Region.
Radon Gas can be measured. You can buy DIY test kits. If you do this, please follow the directions closely to accurately assess the levels within your home. Alternatively, call us at 1-877-706-2621 to make arrangements for our certified technician will test your home and make any necessary recommendations to reduce the amount of Radon in your home.
Radon Gas can be reduced through simple steps such as filling in cracks and fittings to more in-depth solutions including mechanical ventilation. At Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our certified technicians will assess your needs, make recommendations to improve Radon gas levels and provide all the necessary solutions.
Radon Gas information may be found on the Health Canada website or call our office and we would be happy to provided added information.