It’s no secret that electricity rates in Ontario are rising and natural gas bills have increased from the newly rolled out cap and trade program. For home and business owners in Ontario, winter is expensive and unavoidable.
With a few do-it-yourself techniques and energy-efficient upgrades, you can help ease those climbing heating bills and get the most out of your heating equipment.
- Check your furnace’s air filter on a monthly basis. If it’s dirty, change it – it’s as simple as that. Changing your furnace filter can improve the efficiency of your heating equipment up to 15%.
- Install caulking and weather-stripping around your doors, windows, and exterior wall electrical outlets to keep the cold air out and hot air in. You can find coupons at saveonenergy.ca
- Is your attic properly insulated? There should be at least 16 inches of insulation to properly block hot air from leaving your home.
- Add a secondary heating source such as a wood burning or natural gas fire place. It’s a higher up-front cost to purchase and install, but they pay off in the long run, not to mention add ambiance to your space. Why pay to heat the whole house if you spend most of your time in the same room?
- Hire a licensed HVAC technician to professionally inspect, clean, and service your furnace each year. Preventative maintenance is the best way to extend the life of your furnace and avoid paying for emergency service after waking up in the cold without heat. Doyle’s licensed technician will give your furnace a thorough, 21-point safety inspection, including checking for hazardous carbon monoxide.
If you would like to learn more about heating solutions, contact our licensed technicians through the form below or call 1-877-706-2621.
Get in Touch With Doyle Home Services Today!
Thanks so much for sending Jason and Dan for this task. Both were capable and courteous and completed the job in short order.
— Al, Peterborough, ON
Just wanted to let you know that Kirk was at my home to correct a glitch with our tankless water heater - gotta' say, couldn't be happier.
— Mac & Diane, Peterborough, ON
Doyle sent two plumbers to my house to fix a leak in my kitchen. The best work I’ve ever seen, professional and courteous.
— Charles, Durham, ON
We had Doyle’s come to fix our furnace. The office staff are great, the guys work long hours so people like us have heat and don’t freeze!
— Debbie, Peterborough, ON
I’ve struggled with my air conditioning unit at my business for 5 years. The guys at Doyle were helpful and brainstormed several solutions. In the end, they fixed it!
— Becki, Cobourg, ON
AMAZING service… Starting with the first visit when the quote was provided to the QUICK follow up and scheduling of my appointment. Great work.
— Jeffery, Oshawa, ON
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Home Services
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services and renovations for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.