New residential boiler upgrade and installation
The stigma of the dreaded boiler room
Featured in horror movies and scary campfire stories throughout the decades, the boiler room has always carried a negative stigma, due in large part to the traditionally unsettling aesthetics of it. The reality, in contrast, is that boiler technology has come a long way over the years, including drastically reduced footprints, decorative radiators to match any home decor and wireless connectivity for monitoring and remote control. So, it looks like people are going to need to look for another room to pick on in the future.
Look at my beautiful boiler; said no one ever - until now that is.
Today we found ourselves in Peterborough, practically the backyard of our office here in Fraserville, Ontario. Our task of the day, to remove an old boiler system and replace it with a modern version including all radiators throughout the home. Here's the low down on what transpired:
- We started with the difficult task of removing the old system. This meant draining it completely, removing all connections and removing all of the water piping up to the household supply lines.
- We then covered the associated walls with metal checker plate to both provide a secure mounting base for the new piping and increase the aesthetic appeal of the room.
- Next, we positioned the new 95% AFUE boiler in place.
- We then mounted a new Taco 0018e high-efficiency ECM circulator pump.
- On to running and connecting all of the new water piping, including filling and pressurizing of the system.
- Next was venting the new system to the exterior of the home.
- We then porceeded to replace all of the old radiators with brand new, slim profile Myson radiators.
- As an added bonus, we also connected an existing indirect water heater to the system.
And that concludes the boiler room makeover. If you're tired of your old boiler room, contact us today for a free system upgrade estimate.
Contact Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.