What is a Septic System?
Typically found on properties in rural areas, septic systems are used to treat household waste water on-site to eliminate the necessity for municipal sewers, which would typically cost more. As long as your property contains the right kind of soil and the buildings are spaced far enough apart, a properly installed and maintained septic system should last for a long time.
Are You Concerned about Your Septic System?
Do you have septic system concerns in Southeastern Ontario? Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling will work with you to determine the problem and resolve it in the most cost-effective way. Our septic services include:
- Septic bed inspection, septic bed flushing and septic bed rejuvenation without costly replacement
- Septic tank inspection and replacement/installation
- All septic tank and septic bed work to meet Ministry of the Environment (MOE) standards
Have Your System Inspected Every 3 Years
Having your septic system regularly inspected and pumped by a professional will help you avoid the often higher costs of a septic system failure. Here are a few septic system maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- You should have your septic system inspected at least once every three years to ensure it’s functioning properly
- Be sure to keep any maintenance and repair records for future reference
- Keeping certain household items such as feminine hygiene products, diapers, solid foods and cat litter out of your septic system will ensure its longevity
- Never use any septic tank additives without checking with your local health department first
- Keep trees and shrubbery away from your system, as their roots can clog or damage a septic system