UV Bulb Replacement in Port Perry
Clean water is the best kind of water
The purpose of a water purification system is to ensure you have the safest and cleanest water possible. Changing your UV bulb on your water purification system is the single most important thing you can do to ensure you have clean drinking water. Over time the UV bulb starts to give off less power and this means it will not kill as much bacteria. After a year of use the bulb has less intensity and therefore it is not effectively killing all of the bacteria you find in your water. So even though your bulb may still be giving off light it does not mean that it is working properly. Another important reason to change your UV bulb is because the bulb starts to get coated with calcium and other minerals from the water. This also impedes the UV bulb's effectiveness.
Let’s keep that (clean) water flowing
A recent UV bulb change we did was in the small town of Port Perry, just north of Oshawa. It had been about a year since our customer’s last UV bulb replacement of thier Viqua water purification system. This meant it was time for us to come back. Our efficient and talented technicians showed up ready to make sure our customer’s equipment was running up to standards. Let's take you through the steps:
- We started by shutting off the water in the house.
- Next, we disconnected the power to the unit.
- The technician took out the old bulb from the unit.
- The sleeve was removed, then cleaned before being re-installed. This part must be done with extra care as the quartz sleeve is very delicate. When you hire a technician to do this part they are trained on how to handle these carefully so as not to break them. If it does get damaged by our team, we will come back with a new one at no additional cost.
- In this case a pre-filter was also required. This depends on the model that you have installed. Some will require the pre-filter to be changed, others do not.
- Very carefully, the technician put the new bulb back in. Again the bulb is also very fragile so it is best to have a trained plumber take care of this for you.
- The power was then reconnected and water turned back on.
Then it was ready to clean the water for another year. If you are in need of a UV bulb replacement on your water purification system give us a call.
Contact Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Would you like more info or a free quote? Fill out the form below.
Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
24 hour plumbing, HVAC, water treatment, septic services for home and business owners in Ontario. We employ a large team of highly skilled people, fully licensed plumbers, HVAC technicians, and carpenters to serve our clients across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Durham Region, Northumberland, and Belleville.