Providing Clean, Safe Drinking Water for Southeastern Ontario
Ultra Violet bulb water purifiers should be installed to provide safe drinking water for your home, cottage, or business. Our water technicians can test your water on-site for hardness, sulphur, and iron levels, as well as coordinate water testing with your local municipality. We provide UV bulb inspection and replacement services based on water volume levels for accurate replacement times. Contact Doyle Plumbing to learn more about our UV bulb water filter & purification systems.
How does UV light purify your water?
- UV-C rays penetrate microorganisms and become absorbed by the DNA of the pathogen in the treated water. The DNA is altered in such a way that the pathogen killed and cannot cause infection.
- UV-C rays will destroy a minimum of 99.99% of harmful microorganisms. This includes E. coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Organisms are unable to develop immune mechanisms against UV light.
- NSF International has established a UV dose of 40 mJ/cm2 as the minimum UV dose required to ensure that all bacteria, viruses, Giardia and Cryptosporidium are killed or inactivated to a safe level.
- No chemicals or byproducts are added to the water supply and there is no change in taste, odor, pH, conductivity, or the chemistry of the water