Do you have hard water in your home or cottage?
Hard water is a plumbing and home equipment killer. Our water treatment specialists can test your water on-site for hardness and sulphur/iron levels to help you determine if your home’s equipment is at risk. Hard water will not affect your health, but it will significantly decrease the life span of your hot water heater, dish washer, and plumbing. Doyle Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can install a water softener in your home that eliminates the negative effects of hard water.
Energy star rated hot water heaters will run much less efficiently if your water is hard.
Without a water softener, your home’s equipment can break down more frequently and run less efficiently. Contact Doyle Plumbing for more information on water testing and softeners.
Signs that you have hard water in your plumbing:
- Your skin and air is dry
- Your clothes are gray and faded
- Stains constantly show up on sinks and bathtubs
- Your plumbing is frequently in need of repair
- Your glassware has become brittle
- Your water bill is gradually getting higher with the same water usage